Here we go.

18 April 2014

FRIDAY

I went to see the doctor yesterday because I have fluid in my left ear.  How it got there is beyond me (shower, probably), but it's messing up my hearing and balance game, so I got it checked before it started giving me a fever and all that.  On top of that, it's day two of lady jams.  I've got cramps that register on the Richter Scale.  On top of that, I've got a bad case of nerves.  Work has been rough for me lately.  Enough for me to ask for a little pro assistance.  My go-to calming and tension easing methods seem like child's play.  So, I'm buzzing on all of these pills doc gave me.  I admit, I feel pretty spiffy RIGHT NOW.  Except for the nausea.  Ho ho!

We've put our minds together, ATM, Zach + I, and are reworking the kitchen renovation plans. We all agree that we do not want to see a stop in progress.  With a little finessing, and probably a lot of sweat equity, we are just going to keep going and do things piecemeal.  We've got the funding for the dry wall and the electrical work, so that's next.  All the while, we're going to keep saving.  We will end up shaving off the sum of money we'll need to borrow, probably saving a couple thousand.  It's going to be slow going.  As Zach said, we'll probably end up experiencing five different versions of this kitchen before it is all said and done.  I think that's kinda cool.  Metamorphosis.

That doesn't mean that we'll stop trying financial institutions.  I've met with Blair to get information on the people she worked with for her reno. And instead of just a plan B, we've got a C, too.

Occasionally, I'll go through ATM's books to find something to read.  I just finished his copy of George Saunders' Tenth of December. I just started his copy of CivilWarLand in Bad Decline.  I really loved Tenth of December.  I'm really loving CivilWarLand.  Saunders is a master short story teller.    

I've come across a cache of mixes by DJ Count Sizzle that are fun & important.  They've been the soundtrack to a lot of my current projects (cooking, textile dyeing, busywork).  That and Todd Terje's latest album It's Album Time.  And Blood Orange, too.





This evening, ATM + I decided to try our hand at making gnocchi.  It's a little involved, but it's not as difficult as I'd imagined.  I was so afraid that I'd make a gummy, chewy pasta, so I was real light-handed with the flour.  With a little tweaking, it'll be perfect next go around, not to say that it wasn't delicious because we ate. it. all.  Serves four? Pft.
 photo 21B46951-ACDC-40FE-9911-AA49D033FC08_zpsaatirwfq.jpg

 photo A3099F54-D37F-4778-A117-650EBEA17344_zpsciksaudf.jpg

 photo EDF90FAB-3442-431F-BA44-7A5C73D25768_zpsi7niauty.jpg

KMHD + I had Barbies when we were little (You really do not want to know what we had our Barbs do), but because our stepmum is Japanese, we were more exposed to Sanrio products.  It was awesome because at the time, you *could* buy Sanrio products here in specialty shops, but we got the goods direct from Japan.  We were the envy of all grade school girls. Anyway, I still have a soft spot for My Melody, Hello Kitty (we share a birthday), and Keroppi.  I still have some of the things Mayumi got me in elementary school.  I've recently learned that Sanrio has a new character that I'm absolutely infatuated with.  He is an egg yolk.  Yes, an unmotivated, lazy, sad little egg who wants to be eaten.  I get you, Gudetama!





  



Looking forward to getting things done this weekend.  And the weather will be good.  Everything is in bloom.

No comments:

Blog Archive